Outsource online publishing complexity, without outsourcing control.
Tizra Publisher is a web application that provides the power of an enterprise class digital publishing and commerce solution, yet can be deployed in a matter of hours. More important, all of its features were designed from the ground up to work in concert, so you can focus on big picture strategy issues, rather than on how to manage your software.
Easy Web Control Panel
AJAX-based controls enable non-technical personnel to manage all Tizra Publisher features from anywhere.
Fast, Flexible Site Management
- Quickly group documents into multiple collections with tagging and dynamic metadata filtering.
- Break documents into subsections to be viewed separately, or rearranged and reassembled into new documents and collections.
- Preview all changes in a private staging area before going live.
- Documents are automatically displayed in easy-to navigate indexes by title, author, publication date or whatever metadata field you choose. Flexible design scales to accommodate thousands of documents.
- Fast downloads, no matter how large the document…even on slow internet connections.
- Every page has its own URL for easy bookmarking, citing and sharing (including with social media like Facebook and Twitter).
- Works in any browser, including web-enabled handhelds like the iPhone. No new software to download or new interfaces learn.
- "Soft" DRM discourages piracy, without discouraging authorized use.
- Download option lets you provide whole or partial documents for offline viewing if desired.
- Variety of online viewing options, including full-screen zoom, to support different user preferences and browsers.
- All documents are full-text searchable, with relevancy ranked search results. Search "snippets" give a quick preview of search term context.
- Search hits link users directly to the exact page they want, not just the document, and search terms are highlighted within the page.
- Users can search across a whole site, or limit scope to whatever collection or document they choose.
- Advanced option allows search within specific metadata fields.
Google Analytics integration provides detailed, interactive and easy-to-use reports including…
- Exactly which pages within your documents are drawing the most users.
- Which search engines and other sites are sending traffic to your content, and what keywords users are searching for.
- Geographic, network and client software details on your users.
- Numerous other metrics and viewing options including abandonment rates, pages per visit, duration of visits, top landing pages, new vs. returning vistors, etc.
- Dynamic graphs and visualizations that make it easy to spot trends.
Discoverability and Search Engine Optimization
- All content is optimized so users can find it in Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and other search engines
- Controls let you specify which parts of your content you want search engines to access, and which parts are off limits.
- Search engine hits link users to the exact page they're looking for within your documents.
- Integration with Google Webmaster Tools lets you see how your documents are indexed, and what search terms users are finding them with.
- Built-in-RSS feeds let users "subscribe" for automatic updates whenever new documents are added.
Flexible Access Control
- Apply different access rules to any collection, document, or section of document down to the individual page.
- Wide range of access rules and features, including…
- Time-limited access
- Access limited to a specified number of concurrent users or "seats"
- Access limited to specific users and groups
- IP range authentication for automatic organizational or institutional access
- Multiple simultaneous logins for users with multiple affiliations and privileges
- Account management controls let you edit all user properties and privileges and add your own custom fields
- Simple, self-serve account management screens let your users enter and update their own information and retrieve lost passwords without support.
- Detailed account activity reports let you see exactly which users are accessing which content.
- Fully integrated with content management, commerce and other core features, and accessible via the same web control panel
Agile Marketing, Merchandising and eCommerce Tools
- Easily sell access to any collection, document or section of document down to the individual page, or sell access to your site as a whole.
- Set terms of sale including…
- Pricing, including a selection of international currencies and tax calculations configurable by region.
- Subscription duration
- Special discounts based on coupon code or private URL
- Number of concurrent access seats for institutional subscriptions
- Free trial (one claim per customer)
- Create multiple, independently targeted promotions for each product with your own text and design and define when and to whom promotions are presented.
- Draw traffic by selectively opening your site to search engines. Search engine crawlers are granted special access to content so prospective buyers can find it but can't view it until they purchase via one of your promotions.
- Select a commerce fulfiller to perform secure credit card transactions and have it up and running in minutes. No merchant account required.
- Track the success of your promotions and products with detailed Google Analytics reports including click-through, conversion and shopping cart abandonment rates. Funnel visualizations provide a quick, graphical view to help you optimize the purchase process.
Agile Site Design Tools
With our drag and drop control panel and web standard CSS, you can work with your own web designer to completely private label your Tizra Publisher site with your own graphics, layout and colors. Powerful templating lets you create standard design elements, like navigation headers and footers, which are applied and easily updated across the whole site, and override those standards to customize design for specific collections, or even specific documents. No software developer skills required.
Bulk Content Upload Services
If you need to get a large number of documents online at once, you can bypass the normal upload process by simply sending us PDFs and metadata via FTP or disk. Metadata can be in the PDFs, or in a separate Excel or comma delimited text file.
Enables developers to integrate Tizra Publisher sites with other applications to create single sign-on, shopping cart and other end user experiences that fit together seamlessly.
Design and Setup Services
Our consultants can create a complete, private label site using your design and any content and user data you'd like us to use.
Who It's For
- Publishing & Media —Market, sell and distribute eBook, magazine, newspaper and other content. Quickly create and test new products, including themed collections, and individual chapter or article sales. Make your content discoverable via Google while keeping it behind a pay wall.
- Education—Quickly provide selective or public access to digital textbooks, lecture notes, readings, conference presentations and proceedings, papers and dissertations.
- Business & Corporate—Easy internal and external distribution of reports, presentations, HR documents, product manuals, operational procedures, marketing collateral, investor materials, contracts and correspondence.
- Legal & Professional Services—Make scanned and electronically generated documents searchable and referenceable down to the page. Easily and securely share even large files with clients and internally.
- Healthcare—Securely distribute scanned and electronically generated research documents, regulatory filings, due diligence, investor and partner relations materials.
- Government—Improve transparency and ease of access for constituents by making even long documents easy to search, read and reference. Provide automatic update alerts via RSS.